After securing the UK No 1 album spot on Friday, 9th July and following on from a knock-out performance to 50,000 awe-struck fans at TRNSMT on Glasgow Green, Paolo Nutini has announced another date to his epic UK tour later this year at Liverpool M&S Bank Arena on Saturday 10 December.
Paolo Nutini's new album ‘Last Night In The Bittersweet’ is a 70-minute epic that spans the distance from classic rock to post-punk to hypnotic Krautrock, in the process proving its value as his deepest, most varied, most accomplished, and ultimately most rewarding set so far.
The insistent Motorik rhythms of ‘Lose It’ brings shades of early ‘70s German bands like Can and Neu!, and are a product of Paolo writing increasingly on bass guitar. At the other end of the spectrum, ‘Through The Echoes’, which is currently A-List at Radio 2 is a timeless classic in the lineage of Ben E. King and Otis Redding, with Nutini’s vocal delivery reminding us why he got snapped up by Atlantic in the first place. The album opens with ‘Afterneath’ which samples Patricia Arquette’s memorable speech in the final scenes of True Romance, the 1993 cult classic written by Quentin Tarantino. ‘Acid Eyes’ is the kind of love song, hopeful but mournful, that sticks in your mind, shapes your mood and won’t let go, whereas ‘Petrified In Love’ has the cheerful spikiness of Squeeze.
A recap of everything Paolo has achieved to date reiterates his status as one of British music’s biggest success stories. Two of his three albums to date, ‘Sunny Side Up’ and ‘Caustic Love’, have hit #1 on the UK album charts as he amassed 8million global album sales, 8 million UK single sales, and 1.5 billion global streams. The Ivor Novello winner and multiple BRIT Award nominee has also collected a remarkable 18 Platinum certifications in the UK alone.
By proceeding with your purchase you are accepting these terms and conditions
PROMOTER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Admission to this event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Promoter and the venue operator. You must also adhere to the Promoter or venue operator’s specific terms of entry and protocols surrounding Covid-19 – this could be, but is not limited to, an obligation to provide negative lateral flow tests or provide vaccination certificates. If you do not comply with any Promoter or venue terms, conditions or rules then the Promoter or venue operator may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue and you will not be entitled to a refund.
Event Terms & Conditions
1. This ticket is a personal, revocable license and, at all times, remains the property of the Promoters. This ticket must be surrendered to the Promoters upon request.
2. This ticket is sold on behalf of the Promoters to the Consumer. Any tickets purchased by business or traders in breach of the Terms and Conditions of Ticket Sale will be cancelled.
3. This ticket will IMMEDIATELY BECOME INVALID if resold OR OFFERED FOR SALE unless the sale is through an Artist's approved face-value resale partner such as Twickets Fan-to-Fan Exchange (please visit the artist's website for details of other partners). Tickets sold via third parties and other unauthorised outlets, including online auction sites, are not valid for admission. Reselling a ticket makes it void and the ticketholder may be refused entry.
4. Only genuine mobile tickets will be accepted for entry (we’ll give you full instructions on how to access your mobile tickets after you book). Print outs and/or screenshots of mobile tickets will not be accepted for entry. The surname of the Lead Booker will be printed on all mobile tickets. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Where more than one ticket has been purchased, each guest in the party must arrive with the Lead Booker at the venue on the night of the show. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away. The Lead Booker will need to enter the venue at the same time as their guests. There will be no re-admittance allowed.
5. To gain admission to the concert, the Lead Booker must bring:
i) The tickets (accessible through your Ticketmaster app).
ii) A valid photo ID (original format, no photocopies) matching the Lead Booker surname on the tickets
Failure to bring all the items i) and ii) above will result in refusal of admission to the concert.
6. Ticket sales are limited to a maximum of 4 tickets per person. Refunds and exchanges will only be offered in the event of cancellation or rescheduling. These must be requested from your point of purchase and can only be claimed by the person who made the booking. The refund will only cover the face value of the ticket and the associated booking fee. Only tickets purchased through the approved agents are valid for admission.
Most Liverpool city centre bound buses will call at either Queen Square bus station (a 15-minute walk) or Liverpool ONE Bus Station, which is only a five minute walk to M&S Bank Arena.
The CityLink Route C4 bus links Queen Square bus station, James Street rail station and Liverpool ONE Bus Station to the venue. CityLink Route C4 operates every 20 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays and every 30 minutes on Sundays, between 7am – 8pm, with a maximum fare of £1 per journey. Merseytravel prepaid tickets, National Concessionary bus passes and Arriva day tickets are all valid on this service.
For up-to-date information on all bus, train and ferry services, call Traveline Merseyside on 0871 200 22 33, open 8am – 8pm, 364 days a year or visit www.merseytravel.gov.uk
For all car journeys it's best to follow the white on brown tourist route signs for the Waterfront. These signs are visible on the major routes into the city. M&S Bank Arena is situated on the Kings Dock directly adjacent to the south side of the Albert Dock. Upon arrival, the Kings Dock entrance is clearly sign posted.
From the North...
Leave the M6 at junction 26 and follow signs for M58 Liverpool. Follow to end of M58 and then take signs for A59 Liverpool. Continue to follow Liverpool City Centre until picking up signs for the Waterfront.
From the South...
Leave the M6 at junction 21A and take the M62 to Liverpool. At the end of the M62 follow signs for Liverpool City Centre along Edge Lane, picking up and following signs for Waterfront.
From the south...
Virgin Trains operates hourly, direct services from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street (with a journey time of just over two hours). Other long-distance rail services also operate into Liverpool Lime Street station.
M&S Bank Arena is a 20-minute walk from Lime Street or a short taxi ride. You can also transfer at Lime Street onto the underground Wirral Line trains to James Street station (10 minute walk) or catch the CityLink Route C4 (7am – 8pm) directly to the venue. If travelling from outside Merseyside, you can catch an underground train to James Street station from Lime Street station, inclusive of the cost of your ticket.
Flying into Liverpool John Lennon Airport...
A taxi from the airport to the city centre will take approximately 20 minutes or the express bus service Route 500 will take approximately 25 minutes, dropping you off within a five minute walk of M&S Bank Arena, while Manchester’s international airport is just 45 minutes away by car.
- Merseytravel (rail, ferry and bus timetables)
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Manchester Airport
- Visit Liverpool (Tourism website)
- Virgin Trains (mainline services from Liverpool Lime Street)
Frequently Asked Questions
Our new on-site temporary multi-deck car park is now open. There is plenty of parking nearby too, more information on driving to the venue and parking can be found here.
To book accessible tickets please call our box office on 0344 8000 400 on the day that the event goes on sale - this applies to both presale and general sale.
Our contact centre is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The M&S Bank Arena has recently partnered with Nimbus Disability and The Access Card to ensure customers' needs are met at events. Nimbus is one of the country’s leading providers of disability-related advice and support to professional organisations and is recognised as a leading authority on accessible ticketing in the UK.
To ensure the right tickets are sold to the right people, we will require all access bookers for events at ACC Liverpool to provide us with a Nimbus registration number to qualify for any accessible tickets or discounts available at the time of booking. Registering is free to Ticket Quarter customers with an option to upgrade for £15 to have access to all participating venues. For more information please visit here.
We want our customers to have confidence in booking tickets to attend events at the M&S Bank Arena. This includes refunds on tickets for cancelled or rescheduled events. More Information.
This event uses the "Full Arena - Standing" configuration.This is a standard layout for M&S Bank Arena for guidance only, as each event layout is unique, so please refer to the individual plan provided when booking your tickets online as the actual layout may differ from this image.